Thursday, July 24, 2014

Why won't you get dressed?!?

Today has been one of those days when I doubt my parenting skills...and it isn't even the end of the day...After spending 9:30-2:15 trying to convince Cbear to get dressed, I finally settled with him putting on a fresh pair of underwear. I tried bribing with going to the park, chocolate, going to the store, being a big boy...mama may have also turned on the stern voice (which is of course ineffective and scares me more than him). I finally gave up and apologized to my little man after realizing how crazy I sounded.  He then explained that he did not want to go outside and he wanted to play in the house today...of course I felt awful. I know we all have our doubts as parents and sometimes I feel like I am trying to do things the way other people do them. We need to be confident in our own parenting styles and be true to who we are. My family is made up of homebodies who would rather stay in, cuddle, and play rather than go out and run errands...and there is nothing wrong with either of those...at the end of the day, you know your a good parent when your babies are healthy, safe, and if you are as fortunate as I am, they tell you "I love you." 

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree. We all have our own ways of parenting and it's a good thing, bc if we all parented the same then everyone would be boring. There isn't a guidebook for parenting for a reason, thank goodness...and even if there were, then I wouldn't expect my 1 and 3 year olds to obey it! Go snuggle those little bundles of yours and know that you are the best mommy I have ever known!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the parental support! :)

    ReplyDelete