Monday, July 14, 2014

If it doesn't cry, it's going to die...

Usually by this time every summer I have wasted at least $100 on plants and flowers.  This year I refused to plant anything into the ground and almost did not accept foliage gifts.  Yet, I found myself accepting gifts of flowers.  So, after leaving for a weekend in early June and killing off a gift of tulips, I decided never to let another gifted plant die again. Seriously, if Plant Protection Services (PPS) existed, I would have an open case.  Therefore, as of  June 15th I have kept 2 pots (separate gifts) alive!!!  This is a miracle!!! Without even using Miracle-Gro!!  I have kept them in the pots in which they were given, kept them watered and given them the light they need. I was recently told to keep flowers on the east side of the house...if I can keep these babies alive, I may just try to keep even more alive next year...maybe...eh...nah, if it doesn't cry, it's (probably) going to die...but I will do my best to keep it alive...


2 comments:

  1. How pretty! Who gifted the beautiful flowers? They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete