Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Project Pantry Complete

One project done a million to go...after 5 hours spent on project pantry, this includes breaks to keep my little men happy, busy, and satisfied...


my masterpiece is complete...presenting my not so new, but definitely improved pantry....

Ewwww remember before:
Not anymore! Now she is beautiful! How did I do it you ask? Well I has purchased some clearance designer contact paper not so long ago for $4.01 and one roll did the trick! I also used some leftover beige contact paper for the shelves!  


Let's get a little more in depth here...

The contact paper did take some work to put up, I had to match up the design in the middle to keep it solid, you may think that it easy, but it is a little more difficult when you have a 9 monther walking around your legs...yes, I was determined to get it done children around or not!


(Is that peg board on the side? Yes it is, it was there when we moved in, I need pegs and ideas!)

I originally wanted to do the shelves in all beige or cream, let's say cream (that goes good with coffee) . However, I ran out of it (no, but you are right, next time I will measure it out first)! So, instead of taking off the cream contact paper from the 1st shelf, I did 2 shelves in cream and 2 in the design! I'm not too worried about it!
You may also notice that little spice rack that was not utilized before, now that little spice rack is being used to not only hold spices, but also K-cups!
Next up, I want my husband to start baking so I labeled the ingredient canisters, just kidding, I just thought this would be cute! If anyone needs to start baking more, it's me...god I love to bake! Anyways...I ordered chalkboard contact paper last summer for a project that I never completed, go figure, so I cut up some rectangles, cursived on the contents and voila!

Then I thought, ok, I could spend $30 on cereal canisters or I could scrounge something up from my house! I opened the cupboards above my sink and there were 2 unused Brita pitchers sadly sitting waiting for something! I looked at them and thought omg, those look like cereal containers! After a good rinse I took an ugly bag of cereal
Poured it into a Brita pitcher
And now Cbear can be independent and not spill the entire bag on the ground so mommy can vaccum it up with the wonderful shark!
Anyways...

I did find homes for all that other junk that was in there and I was even able to add my crockpot to the pantry mix! Yay! 


So, although it only took 2 years to get around to it, my pantry is decluttered and organized! Up next: Project Linen Closet!


No comments:

Post a Comment